BOOK: "QUOTES THAT INSPIRE WELLBEING"
BLOG & QUOTES
EMPLOYEE HEALTH & WELL-BEING
June 21, 2019
"There is more refreshment and stimulation in a nap, even of the briefest, than in all the alcohol ever distilled."
- Edward Lucas, a prolific English writer who spent his entire career writing for the humorous magazine Punch....
June 12, 2019
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten."
Tony Robbins, a popular self-help author and motivational speaker. His bestselling books include: Unlimited Power (1986), Awaken the Giant Within (1991...
June 11, 2019
"It’s easier to act your way into a new way of thinking, than think your way into a new way of acting."
Jerry Sternin, a founder of positive deviance, an approach to behavioral and social change. It teaches that sustainable ch...
June 10, 2019
Johann von Goethe
“We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise we harden.”
Johann von Goethe, a German writer, artist, and politician. (1749-1832)
June 6, 2019
"The chains of habit are too weak to be felt until they are too strong to be broken."
- Samuel Johnson, an English writer who made a lasting contribution to English literature. (1709-1784)
May 20, 2019
"It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man’s life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half."
- Fyodora Dostoevsky, a Russian novelist and philosopher who wrote about the politi...
May 19, 2019
"Habits of the mind also provide our mental framework – the way we see the world."
- Gyalwaa Dokhampa, a Buddhist Spiritual master and author of Restful Mind. (1981- )
May 14, 2019
"Walking is magic. Can't recommend it highly enough. I read that Plato and Aristotle did much of their brilliant thinking together while ambulating. The movement, the meditation, the health of the blood pumping, and the rhyth...
May 11, 2019
“Learn to be silent. Let your quiet mind listen and absorb.”
- Pythagoras, an ancient Greek philosopher who made significant contributions to mathematics and philosophy. He is best known for the Pythagorean theorem that is nam...